I come to Smile Care Clinic because everyone does a fabulous job, especially Dr Ratnadeep Patil and Dr Anjali Dilbhagi. The reception staff are very efficient with appointments and reminders. I totally recommend Smile Care for all your dental work.
All ceramic crowns
Traditionally crowns have been made of a metal core structure with tooth coloured porcelain fired in layers on top of this metal core structure.
However, all ceramic crowns are restorations made of 100% ceramic material. The core structure and the layered porcelain on top are made of ceramic of different degree of hardness. This imparts lifelike, restoration which matches perfectly with the adjacent tooth.
Advantages of all ceramic crowns
- Superior esthetics-Ceramics are highly polished and the transmission of light to and fro through this glassy material results in an excellent match with the adjacent natural tooth creating harmony with the gums and the overall smile.
- The margins of these crowns near the gum area never show a dark metallic hue as seen in metal ceramic crowns.
- It is possible to use different opacities while placing the layered porcelain thus mimicking natural tooth characterisation.
- All ceramic crowns are highly biocompatible and comfortable to use.
- With latest technology like CAD CAM, the crowns can be fabricated by the chairside and number of visits to the dental clinic is reduced.