WHY AND WHEN TO VISIT A DENTIST?
Ideally a check up every 6 months at your Dental Clinic is recommended for a regular clean up and early detection of a disease/ condition followed by immediate treatment if required.
This helps prevent further progression and damage if attended to in initial stage.
Initial signs of disease/ condition which you should not overlook.
- Pain (only sometimes)
- Food Lodgement needing the use of toothpick
- Bleeding Gums
- Bad breath
- Headaches and head/neck facial muscle soreness
- Locked Jaw /Clicking noise in jaw
- Loose teeth
- Gaps in between teeth
- “Discoloured teeth” or “Yellow teeth”
- Gum redness or swelling during pregnancy
- Clenching or wearing teeth off
- Constant cheek bites
- Broken down /Sharp teeth
- Frequent ulcers
- Burning sensation in mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Teeth developing sensitivity to hot/cold/sour/sweet foods
Apart from the above, people with the following should regularly visit the Dentist because they require special oral care.
- Thyroid, Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Cardiac Problems etc.
- Habit of smoking or use of tobacco products